1. First of all, and kirya's in my life are due to my relationship with Jesus, at least how Cameron defines it as a "spiritual emergency" or "surrender." I like the term surrender better as that means that every time I have a "kirya," it is not always an "emergency." I have surrendered my life to Christ and that means that I have allowed Him to take control over my life. I have made that choice. It doesn't mean that I have no control over any part of my life, it just means that I trust Him to help me make the right decisions for me that will ultimately be better for me. This is referring to many different areas and situations that pop up from time to time. For example, when Tollie ask to marry me, I knew it was a big decision to make. I surrendered myself to God, prayed and fasted for a week surrendering myself to God to help me make the right choice and I felt that is was the right thing to do. After almost 35 years of marriage, I am sure it was the right choice. When it comes to a major decision, I always surrender myself to God to help me make the right choice. After which, the "action" takes place when I will follow through on that decision.
2. Time travel to 80? Since I am over 50, (57 - almost 58 to be exact) that would be easy for me to write about. At 80, I will be still kicking, skating and traveling. Yes I know I will be moving slower, but I do not plan on stopping. I will bring my camera and film all the wonders that I see as I travel around the world. I will enjoy growing older with my loving husband. We will have many happy years together. I will have many more fine grandchildren and will love to see them become successful, whether through college or their careers, that is if Jesus tarries. Here is my letter to myself:
Dear me, Remember when you were 50 and you decided to go back to college. That was one of the best things you ever did. I would encourage you to continue to to your masters. Make sure you spend some time slowing down and see the wonders around you. Don't let your life be too busy. Enjoy your children and grandchildren. You will look forward to your 50th wedding anniversary and be able to enjoy it with everybody that you know. Try to check off as many things on your "bucket list" as you can such as visiting the Grand Canyon on mules, riding a train across the country, visiting every state in the union, visiting other countries and more. Always find the humor in any situation, laugh, cry, love, and enjoy your life.
3. Time travel to 8? Being 8 years old was a long time ago for me. When I was 8, I loved to ride horses, play outside, climb trees, and play with my electric trains. I was pretty much a "tom boy." We play a game called "cars." What we had to do was skate (roller skate) to the end of the driveway and wait. When a car started to come down the street, we had to skate as fast as we could and hide behind our parent's car before the car on the road would pass our driveway. If you were "caught" on the driveway, you had to freeze until another car came by. We usually played this game at dusk when it was starting to get dark. That was one of our favorite things to do. We were always outside playing and very rarely inside in front of the TV, unless it was raining. Even we had to stay inside, we watch shows such as Howdy Doody, Bozo the Clown, and Captain Kangaroo (all of which were in black and white). Here is my letter to me at 8:
Dear me, Always find the fun in anything you do. Never let the "kid" inside of you die. Look for the good in people, study hard, make as many friends as possible and enjoy life. Your childhood will go be so fast and before you know it, you are a wife, a mother, and a grandmother. Enjoy your childhood!
No comments:
Post a Comment