Most of the crazymakers in my life are not always in the theater and film. Although, sometimes I encounter them when doing projects for classes. This usually involves working with group projects. In these cases, when the crazymaker wants all the attention and wants to "run" the show, I'll step back and let them take the lead. I will not compromise my principles and beliefs. If whatever they want to do does compromise my principles and beliefs, then I will speak up and say my piece. I tend to like to sit on the back burner to help keep the peace. I do not like drama and I will not be a part of it. Many times it leads to gossip and I will not be a part of gossip nor will I spread it.
Now on my "regular" job (as a retail merchandiser), I work on my own getting my job schedule and paperwork from the internet. I do not have to work with other people from my company. Occasionally, I have team projects in which I have to work with other people from my company. In these cases, I usually work with my husband which is no problem because we get along together fine. However, sometimes I have to work with other people in the company and in that case I try to be as professional as possible and not let the drama in their lives disrupt my work ethic. There is one lady I work with several times, and she is always having crazymaker drama issues. If we are on the phone I will politely listen and then I will tell her that I need to go and do whatever. There is just so much drama I can take. She tends to like to vent on me about all of her problems. I understand that sometimes people need to vent and I will be patient to let her say her piece. Telling her that I am busy and need to go is not telling her a lie because I usually am real busy with school and all. However, I will not let it ruin my day.
In my personal life, there are not that many crazymakers. Except of course my middle son. There is so much drama in his life that it is not funny. Most of his drama is what he made for himself. I try very hard not to let it frazzle me and try to deal with it one day at a time. Right now, it is trying to clean out his house before he loses everything (because he is in jail and his lease is up this month). I think it bothers my husband more than me. I've learned to just accept the fact that he just does not have it together yet although he has been getting better about it. We, my husband and I, are expected to "come to the rescue" every time he gets into trouble. Well, this time we told him that there is no more money to bail him out and that he just may have to serve his time. It is our way of practicing "tough love." I still want to help which is why we are moving his stuff so he doesn't loose it. I don't want to sound like he is my only crazymaker, but he is the one I am dealing with at present.
Sometimes, I think that there is a little bit of a crazymaker in all of us. We may not always let it show but at times he/she may try to raise its ugly head up. We the crazymaker in me tries to pop up, I don't always realize it until someone says something to me. I try not to let my crazymaker stay on the surface too long because I understand that it is not good for the relationships in my life. I would hope that anyone who notices any crazymaker symptoms popping up in me would tell me right away. I don't want to be a crazymaker!
No comments:
Post a Comment