Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Journal entry 13 - Surprise, surprise, surprise!!

1. Gee, what would surprise me now compared to in August?  I guess the fact that I have made it through with my brain fairly in tact.  I would be totally surprised that I had gain some weight an not kept up with my swimming.  That is a little disappointing. I worked so hard to loose it last year and now it is back.  I do understand that because of my heavy work load that I did not have the time to put in to the swimming.  Like right now, as I am typing this blog, I should be swimming.  I just don't have enough hours in the day to finish everything.   I know that after I graduate, then my life should be a little more normal and I will have time to spend with my swimming as well as my filming. This has been the hardest semester for me and I was hoping it would get a little easier.  As far as my "artistic" thinking, that has changed radically.  I have never though of myself as an artist and after reading that book, I can truthfully say that I am an artist.   So, now when people ask me about what I do, I can say that I am an artist.  That gives me a good feeling and that really surprises me!

2. Hmm, since the beginning of my college career? That was quite awhile ago - eight years to be exact.  When I started college, at Baton Rouge Community College, I just took one English class and that was right after my knee replacement, I went to class on a walker because I was still learning how to walk again.  I wasn't sure I could even do this "college thing."  The last time I was in college was in 1980.   I wasn't sure that I could handle the work load.  For six years, I made it through BRCC taking one or two classes at a time.  When I decided to go full time at LSU, to be honest, I was terrified that I couldn't handle it. After all, I'm not as young as I used to be and my energy level is not what it used to be.   If I could have seen myself now - back then, I would be completely, totally, unbelievably surprise.  I would have never guessed that I could do such a thing.  I had been a terrible student when I was in high school and I never would have thought that I could have the GPA and be able to handle so many classes.  I never thought I would ever get my BA in anything.  It has been so hard for me.  My husband tells me that if it was easy, everyone would do it.  That is some comfort. Getting my BA is a dream come true that I have waited 39 years for.

3. I can't really think of anything right now that I haven't already mentioned that really surprises me. To be honest, my life is pretty much the same as far as my relationships go.  My husband and I have had a hard time with my crazy schedule, but that will change after school.  He understands what school means to me and is very patient and supportive. Like I said earlier, I now see myself as an artist and that has changed. Now that I have earned my BA, I can see myself going on to get an MFA in film production at UNO.  I never thought that would be possible.  Of course, I am going to take a long well deserved break (and try to pay off my school bills).  I don't see myself getting into the film business.  If I was younger, maybe.  I am looking forward to traveling with my husband.  Our church is planning a trip to Greece and surrounding areas tracing Paul's missionary path.  I am hoping we can get enough money to make that trip!  It is next March.  I plan on bringing my camera and making a film about it.  It would be a good film to use as a audition film for UNO!  This has been a really good class and I have enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment